Contemporary Surface Solutions is in search of an entry level Project Engineer to join our growing company. Our fast-pace environment is centered on teamwork, communication, and sense of family. We are seeking a Project Engineer with the eagerness to grow and develop with us, making the ideal candidate an individual newly out of college/trade school. This full-time position offers a competitive salary wage, health benefits, paid time off and room for growth.
The Project Engineer assists the Project Manager in various components of Commercial and Residential construction projects and will work in conjunction with other Field Staff to ensure quality and timeliness of project completion.
In this role, responsibilities include:
- Document control (organize, create, and manage RFIs, change orders, claims, and scope changes)
- Assemble submittal and close-out packages with proper documentation (track submittal approvals/changes/re-submittals)
- Quality Control / Quality Assurance checks (support the Project Coordinator in punch list and quality control efforts, as requested)
- Mitigate and identify risk, and implement process improvements
- Ensure labor resources are effectively and efficiently utilized in accordance with the project schedule and budget
- Liaise and coordinate with Project Coordinator/Foreman, Managerial team and General Contractor as required to ensure smooth integration of services with production
- Travel to jobsites, partake in job walks, attend all pertinent project planning meetings (including pre-bid meetings), and take minutes as requested
At Contemporary Surface Solutions, we strive to create a positive employee experience and as the Project Engineer, you are expected to uphold company standards/procedures and set an example. To accomplish company objectives, you will assist our Field Staff in implementing company policies, supporting team members, conducting trainings and contribute to an overall positive work environment!
- A minimum requirement of a Construction Management or Engineering Certificate, and/or equivalent trade experience
- Must have a minimum of One (1) years of commercial construction experience in a project engineering or management capacity (co-op and internship accepted)
- Experience reviewing product data, samples, manuals, etc. and identify compliance with project scope
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to manage multiple jobs concurrently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Problem solving skills (overcome complex obstacles and push a project forward)
- Ability to prioritize and manage time
- Proficient in Office 360 (Outlook, Excel, etc.) and QuickBooks
- Self-motivated and driven
- Strong work ethic and “can-do” attitude